Hey there Roxy Fans! Welcome to the spring semester! I’m glad to be back. If you’re a frequent visitor to the Stone Writing Center, you may think that you’re now so awesome at writing (you’re welcome) that you don’t need us! Remember that even the best writers need help. This is why we’re here. We’re here for those days when you just need another set of eyes to look at your fabulous draft or when you have no idea how to start. That’s our job.
1. Sometimes you need confirmation that your ideas are as amazing as you think they are. We can totally help with that.
6. And finally, at the end of this messy process that we call writing, we want to remind you to…
2. And sometimes you need someone to drag you out of the black hole that you’ve dug for yourself and reassure you that you can be an awesome writer!
3. Have you ever sat down to start a paper and had no idea where to begin? Outlines are great for finding your way, and we can help with those!
4. Formatting can be hard! We can help you figure out which font not to use, among other things. (Don’t listen to Jerry, it doesn’t.)
5. We’re also really good at deciding which word sounds the best in your sentence. (Please just call them eggs, you’re not Tom Haverford.)
We’ll be here when you need to start the process all over again. We can’t wait to help you this semester! Come see us – White Library, 4th floor. See you next time the sun is up, the breeze is cool, and the waves roll into view. ‘Til then, hang ten!